Sunday, April 18, 2010

New in Town: Tea Infusion in Tempe


Tea Infusion in Tempe is the sort of place that rocks my little tea drinking world to its very core.  Nestled in Tempe Marketplace among shops and an outdoor seating area complete with a fountain is a doorway to tea drinker's heaven.  The tea menu is beyond extensive with excellent variety within the different categories of black, green, white, red, and herbal.  You can personalize any tea with ice, boba, milk, or sweetener.  I did try the boba because the online reviews raved about it, but this former Seattlite will pass on what they consider boba tea here.  Sidenote: surely there is a place here that knows what "real" novelty bubble tea is supposed to be like and if there is I vow to find it.  The baked goods are tasty as is the red curry chicken soup.  
So far, I have been to this place three times in the span of 2 weeks.  I have tried the vanilla creme, strawberry, and something I don't recall (probably because of my buyer's remorse at the boba).  The cool thing about Tea Infusion is if you find a tea you really like, you can also purchase it in bulk and take a bag of it home with you.  They offer free wi-fi, chilled out employees with good recommendations of what to try, and plenty of people watching opportunities.  I am in love with this place even with the odd location.  This is definitely a place I will be frequenting so long as I live here.  

No comments: