Friday, April 16, 2010

New in Town: Coffee Plantation


 This past Sunday I was in need of some caffeine and free wi-fi that didn't belong to my neighbor so I decided to venture on over to the Coffee Plantation I had seen in passing.  Apparently this is some sort of chain, but it is not one that we had in Boise or any other place I have previously lived for that matter since it is apparently an Arizona exclusive chain, so it met the criteria established in my prior blog.  

The coffee drink was okay, definitely not anything that would have set this particular place apart from anywhere else that sells pretentious coffee drinks, but it did suffice for the craving.  The dessert I got was yummy, but again pretty typical coffee house fare.  They do offer food items that did in fact look tasty so had I been hungry, that might have been the thing that gave this place more points above another.  What was charming was the decor, as the place lives up to its name.  I felt like I was in Louisiana sitting in someone's house that happens to have a full scale coffee bar in it, which would seem strange if that were really the case because why would someone have a coffee shop in their living room anyway. That's just showing off at that point. 

At any rate, I will likely return to this place solely for the convenience factor, but will keep looking for my own personal "Cheers" of the caffeinated world.  

No comments: