Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Amazon: Helping Me Grow Continuously More Lazy. . .

I recently had a great need to replenish the groceries in the homestead, but time/exhaustion/lack of desire prevented me from going to the store.  Instead, I recalled those bright green trucks from Amazon Fresh driving around the city and wondered how that worked.  And yes, there's an app for that. 
 
If you live in the Seattle Metro, I highly recommend giving this service a whirl just once for the sake of exploring how awesome it is.  The first time I ordered, I came home from work and my groceries were magically at my doorstep.  The second time I ordered was this week and it was equally delightful.  I woke up and the groceries were magically on my doorstep, just like before.  This service seriously rocks if you are tight on time and the pricing is competitive on many products.
 
My only complaint is something to be expected.  Because the food is being delivered, it has to be packaged in containers that will keep it cool, which is fantastic.  However, the way they are packaged allows for plenty of room for items to shift around during delivery.  As a result, my peaches were bruised.  For the record, they still tasted great.  On my most recent delivery, one of the cleaning supplies leaked a little, but the packers had been proactive by double bagging it so it had not leaked on anything else.  In spite of this, I fully intend on utilizing the service again.  I haven't had to pay delivery on either order because of the dollar amount and the nominal tip is worth it to me to not have to spend time wandering the grocery store and label reading since I have food allergies/picky preferences.  The best part, the items you've previously ordered are saved for even more efficient online ordering.  AND you can add to the order if you forgot something, even after they have started processing it. 
 
Seriously, this is a life-changing and awesome service.  I know other grocery chains have tried similar services, but I feel that Amazon really knocks out the competition with this one because there's more to it than just groceries.  I am excited to see what the future holds for this company.  I remember when I went to them just for books.  Now I order cat supplies, instant video streaming, holiday gifts, etc.  High five, Amazon, on making my life so much easier!

No comments: