Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just a Little "Homesick"

Dear Seattle:


Greetings! By now we have a long standing relationship of love and hate. However, this last visit, I decided I could no longer live without you in my life. In spite of the fact that you have a tendency to drive me crazy at times, I just cannot seem to stay away from you. It is almost as though I am the domestic abuse victim who keeps returning to the same abusive husband. You beat the life out of me when we cohabitate, but then when we resolve our dispute to the extent that I dare visit you, once again you become my greatest love ever. I keep thinking we should end this vicious cycle at some point but every time I see you or hear your name I fall in love with you all over again.


Try as I might to move on from you to other prospects, such as my current not-so-beloved-but-ever-convenient Boise, I simply cannot bear to live without you much longer. The time has come for me to choose: end our affair or return to you. So much has changed since we first met and I think we could really make a go of it this time, but I don't know if my heart is willing to take that chance again. You are a constant reminder of the dream that was nothing like the reality, but in spite of my disappointment I am not ready to give up on you yet, my beloved.


Anxiously awaiting our next tryst,

Erica













No comments: