Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Do Svidaniya, American Food!


Recently I discovered one of Eagle, Idaho's hidden treasures tucked away in a zone of rapid development. This place of which I speak is a little cafe called The Russian Bear. I have been reluctant to ever try Russian food because of borsht, but thanks to the Russian blini I have since decided that perhaps the food there isn't so scary after all.
Blini is a nice variation to a sandwich as it has standard sandwich fare neatly tucked away into a lovely square crepe. The Blini I chose was comprised of pastrami, Swiss, and mayo. After I took my first bite, I found myself thinking that I may have just accidentally stumbled upon my new favorite food. The atmosphere of the place itself is fairly minimalistic, but very pleasant. The couple who owns The Russian Bear is polite as well as willing to aid in food choice (not to mention the accent is pleasing to the ears). This is definitely a place I plan to visit again as the Treasure Valley area works on furthering its diversification efforts. I would conclude that a cafe offering traditional Russian food is definitely a good addition to the neighborhood.

No comments: