Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oopsie in the Kitchen Turns Into Yummy!

Earlier this past week I tackled a dish similar to a veal piccata I once partook of in a restaurant here (I swear I will eventually get caught up on my restaurant reviews) only it's made with chicken and sadly involves no wine. I made the unfortunate mistake of misreading the recipe since it talked about the fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of zest up front. Apparently that was supposed to be set aside to use later for the sauce but blonde me misunderstood and cooked the chicken in it instead. That being said, the chicken was moist and action-packed with flavor. Also the "sauce" with capers turned out tasty. It even maintained its flavor the next day when reheated as leftovers. Phew, because that would have been sad if I had completely messed up a fairly simple dish like that just because of something silly. My kitchen Tourette's definitely kicked in when i discovered the mistake.

Later in the week though I found an actual mistake in the recipe I was using and was able to thankfully adjust accordingly in time since it was Blondies I was trying to bake to take as dessert to dinner at a friend's homestead across the valley. What sold me on this particular recipe is the integration of butterscotch chips. So delicious! Needless to say they didn't last long.

This coming week I have a couple of things pending, one simple and one more complex, neither of which are desserts surprisingly. Knowing me though, I may just throw in a dessert for good measure.

No comments: