Sunday, June 20, 2010

New in Town: Oregano's


Okay, I'll admit I'm cheating a bit right now. I had actually tried Oregano's prior to moving here, but I love it so much I can't help but include it in my "New in Town" series. The atmosphere is fun, the food is delicious, and the iced tea is refreshing. My only complaint is there is never enough parking and always seems to be a wait if you try to go there on an evening, or at least that is how it is for the Scottsdale location. That being said, it is worth almost getting your car towed because you parked in the wrong spot and the 30 minute wait for a table. If you go, even in the blazes of hell heat, sit outside. Doing so definitely creates an "I live somewhere cool" ambience that cannot be replicated in the confines of indoors. The menu item I cannot recommend enough is the appetizer called "Uncle Ray's Stuffed Artichokes". It's absolutely unbeatable as far as pizzeria appetizers go. I also recommend sharing because the portion size is generous when it comes to the food. That being said, the leftover pizza still tastes good cold for breakfast the next morning, which is really the ultimate test of any pizza in my opinion.

No comments: